Designed by the architects Bonet, Kurchan and Ferrari-Hardoy for a Buenos Aires-based planning office in 1938, the Butterfly Chair was added to the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art at an early stage (New York, 1941). Following its rapidly growing popularity the chair was considered a design classic already by the late 1950s. The original version of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair comes with a brushed, at four intersections welded frame of stainless steel. To emphasize the chair’s exceptional seating comfort, the covers are exclusively manufactured from vegetable tanned leather from cattle bare neck of the above-mentioned breed Holstein.
designer Bonet, Kurchan, Ferrari-Hardoy
manufacturer Manufaktur Plus
Get an offer